What Is Personal Information?
Stepcart defines "personal information" as information, which identifies you, like your name, email address, billing address and credit card information. Any information that falls outside of this is "non-personal information." If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination as personal information. If we remove all personal information from a set of data then the remaining is non-personal information.
What Does Stepcart Do With Your Information?
- When you purchase our services, as part of the buying process, we collect the personal information that you provide.
- Stepcart uses the information it collects for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
Who Owns My Data?
Stepcart owns the data storage, databases and all rights to Stepcart’s applications and products; however, we make no claim to the rights of your data. You retain all rights to your own data. It is Stepcart’s policy to never contact your clients directly, or use your data for our own business advantage or to compete with you or market to your clients.
- No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to Stepcart is done at your own risk. However, Stepcart uses website security measures consistent with current best practices to protect its website, email and mailing lists. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring, encryption and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction.
- Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. Your information is a high priority and we use our own protective measures, as well as the capabilities of our software and hardware vendors.
- We realize there can be incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions, as almost every website, service and user encounters. In those instances, our goals are to move quickly to isolate the problem, ensure or restore proper functionality and minimize any inconvenience to you. As appropriate and necessary, Stepcart will notify the relevant authorities of these incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions of the Stepcart website.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service. Stepcart will, however, not disclosure your information to other companies for the marketing or sale of their products and services.
Stepcart uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site(s).
Use Of Google Analytics
- Stepcart use a service provided by Google called Google Analytics (GA). This service permits Stepcart to reach people who have previously visited its site, and show them relevant advertisements when they visit other sites across the Internet in the Google Display Network. This is often called “remarketing”.
- Cookies (as described above) can be used to track an individual’s session on the Stepcart website, to serve customized ads from Google and other third party vendors. When an individual visits this website, they may view advertisements posted on the site by Google or other third parties. Through first-party and third party cookies, these third parties may collect information about an individual while they are visiting the Stepcart website and other websites. They may use this data to show you advertisements on this website and across the Internet based on an individual’s prior visits to said website and elsewhere on the Internet. Stepcart does not collect this information or control the content of the advertisements that any individual will sees.
- You may opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/.
- You or third parties using this website without opting out represents to Stepcart that you or they acknowledge and agree to data collection to provide you or them with remarketing ads using GA and cookies from other third party vendors based on your or their prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet.